Wednesday 21 October 2009

Newspaper & Website Layout

When trying to find out how I was going to lay out my website I had a look over a whole variety of different websites from local ones on my area to London. I used these different websites to look at their linked pages but also there main pages and got ideas from their to use on mine. I do not want mine to look the same but I looked at this to see what other codes and conventions I could potentially use. My website linked page contains all the necessities of a section of the website and hopefully I have chose a layout which will be easy for the reader to understand and read. Below is a link to one of the newspaper websites which operate in the neighbouring area to mine.
http://www.getwokingham.co.uk/sport/

Here is another link which is for the local people of reading and there website looks similar to the Bracknell one mainly to using the same template but they also consist of the same codes and conventions. This website gave me an idea of what different articles I could include in my newspaper/website because they varied from the previous website, but I was able to see what type of articles are included in local newspapers.
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/

I have also looked over the “Metro” which is the local paper for the city of London. This newspaper is handed out throughout London at different train and tube stations. I looked at this newspaper to give me an idea of what to include of mine so I looked at a whole different variety of newspaper to give me more ideas.
http://www.metro.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment