Thursday 15 October 2009

Planning of Newspaper Names


After doing some detailed research into the local newspapers I found out that the name which I was going to use is already in use by one of the main newspaper in the area. This shows that the name was obviously good as another newspaper was already using it but I am not going to use it now, the name of the newspaper was “The Crowthorne Times”. This name came out the clear favourite in the questionnaire which I created and asked to a variety of people. This name was copyrighted so I would not be able to use it, and also I would not want to because I would not want my newspaper to sound like another.

Once I found this out I decided that I need to change the name of my newspaper. I then decided to ask people randomly in my class which name they thought would best suit my newspaper out of the ones listed above.

I have now decided to use the name “The Crowthorne Echo” after it coming out the clear favourite against all of the others. I also thought that this was a good name to use because I think that it sounds very professional and it is a very good name for a local newspaper. So my newspaper is going to be called “The Crowthorne Echo”.

No comments:

Post a Comment